Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week 30, Only 10 More to Go!

Big milestone with the 3-0 today, we decided to celebrate with a doctor's appointment with my favorite OB. Like many practices here in San Francisco, you pick an OB, but you never know who you'll get on the big day because the doctors within a group practice have certain days and times that they are on call for labor and delivery. The practice I chose has four in rotation, but my GYN turned OB is our favorite by far.

Today we discussed the ultrasound from last week, and she put every single one of our concerns to rest. If I could, I would absolutely time this birth to have her there, but unless it's a C-section there's just no way to know! We're moving into bi-weekly check-ups now and the next ultrasound is scheduled for early August. The usual weight and measurements were taken, and we got to listen to her heartbeat again. It was a strong 151 this time and Baby Bearhat is "perfectly average" in size. Not too big, not too small...juuuust right as Goldilocks would say.

Much of my rib pain has waned as I learn to eat smaller portions. I'm sure this is good practice as my poor stomach get pushed up more and more towards my diaphragm as we reach the finish line. Luckily no heartburn! I've decided to take down my exercising a notch as I've noticed it's become much harder to breathe. 3rd trimester fatigue is moving in, as I find myself getting very sleepy by 9pm, but a good 8 hours sets me up pretty nicely for the day. Overall feeling really good and super excited now that I can say SHE and HER around friends and family. Next on our agenda? Birthing classes. Poor CGB, as if making him watch TLC's "Baby's First Day" after dinner every night isn't already torture enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment