Friday, May 11, 2012

Everyday I Cry, I Laugh, I Rage.

Ahhh...hormones. The roller coaster ride from hell. Everyday I find myself tearing up or just flat out snobbing in my office after watching something particularly sad, heartwarming or inspirational. Today it was this video on YouTube about Lacey Buchanan, a 25-year-old mom from Tennessee who shares her inspiring story of raising her son Christian. Christian was born with an extremely rare disorder that left him with a severe cleft palate and no eyes. Warning: even those that are not preggers are sure to get misty eyed watching this one!


An unbelievably beautiful story. To quell the snobbing, I decided to watch the adorable video of two 6-year-old friends who made a music video to Gotye's, "Somebody I Used To Know" that has been making the rounds. I kept seeing the link in my Facebook feed, but hadn't seen it yet:


It definitely perked me up...until the boy-girl friendship of the two reminded me of the main characters from one of my favorite books, Bridge to Terabitha and then I was crying again. But it's okay. I'd much rather cry than rage... 


The bouts of rage are usually late in the night when only poor CGB and the kitties have to deal with it. When it's over, I don't even remember what I was even angry about - consider it a fugue state. In fact, I bet I ate that pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream in a fugue state because it's missing.

1 comment: