Thursday, May 17, 2012

This Little Light of Mine

I got home today and noticed that yet another one of the lightbulbs in our apartment had gone out.

It's been a little over 3 years since we moved into this unit, but it wasn't until the beginning of this year that the lightbulbs started to wane. One by one, slowly but surely, the bulbs on our candlelabra light fixtures started to go. First the hallway, then the kitchen. Last month, one of the bulbs in the main closet even bit the dust. I know it's just a matter of timing, but I can't help but see this as a sign that everything is about to change.

We haven't gotten around to buying replacement bulbs yet since each fixture holds 12 bulbs, but when we do, I think I'm going to be a little bit sad. That is, until the replacement bulbs are put in and I see how bright and warm things will be when I let the new light in.

No comments:

Post a Comment